Post Description: The biggest and arguably most important part of getting participants registered for your event is actually creating your registration form.
The biggest and arguably most important part of getting participants registered for your event is actually creating your registration form. While the Race IT form designer is customizable in many ways, sometimes it is best to keep things as simple as possible for your participants.
Here are a few tips straight from the Race IT team about how to simplify your registration form:
- Always move the category question to the top of the form designer.
- Before entering any personal information, participants will be aware of exactly what they are registering for. This will also be helpful to you, as the event director, to see this information as the first thing on your reports.
- All questions should be on one page, provided the questions do not require conditional logic
- The ultimate goal is to get participants to pay for your event. By having all questions on one page, participants will get to the checkout page faster.
- The question type for your t-shirt question should be set to single selection radio button or single selection drop-down (I prefer drop-down)
- This way, participants will only be able to choose one size, eliminating possible confusion and/or surplus ordering.